Made this delicious Roasted Salmon with horseradish crust and a cream sauce for dinner this evening :)
Roasted Salmon with horseradish crust and a cream sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup finely grated horseradish
3tbsp chopped parseley
1tbsp chopped shallots
salt and pepper.
4 fillets of salmon
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring until toasted and golden, about 3mins.
3. Combine fried bread crumbs, horseradish, parsley (reserving 1tsp) and shallots and season with salt and pepper
4. Brush the top of each fillet with oil. Press salmon into bread-crums mixture, coating the top
5. Place fillet in an oiled metal baking dishand back for 10-12 mins. Remove from baking dish on to 4 serving plates.
6. Place baking dish on stovetop over medium heat. Add wine and boil for 2 mins. Add whipping creme and simmer until thick 2-3mins. Stir in reserved parsley . Drizzle 1tbsp sauce around each salmon fillet.
APPLE AND CELERIAC SALAD
3tbsp olive oil
1tbsp cider vinegar
1tsp maple syrup
1tsp lemon zest
salt and pepper
1/2 cup celeriac, finely diced
2 cups of spinach
1/2 an apple, finely diced
1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans.
1. Whisk olive oil with vinegar, maple syrup and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper
2. Combine spinach with apple and celeriac. Toss with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pecans.